Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Starting Out ^_^

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Daly's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Last night while I was listening to some music, I remembered being in grade 1, watching super 8 movies on nature and wildlife. The picture seamed so peaceful, soft, and almost melodaic as it jumped around. I've been making creative movies on Imovie (Emac) using my friends high 8 camcorder, but I feel that the silent frames from a super 8 camera behind a 70's-ish ambient tune would make for a magical experice.
    Here's the problem. I'm a digital guy, I know nothing about the analog world of super 8 filming. Where on earth am I going to find a super 8 camera and negative film...
    I already have the projector and a place to develop the film (link here) but they don't develop KODACHROME FILM. is this a big problem?
    Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Shouldn't be a problem.

    Check this out:

    http://8mm.filmshooting.com/scripts/...63933acb36dca9

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by roygbiv:
    Where on earth am I going to find a super 8 camera and negative film...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">For finding cameras: ebay.com, camera stores with used equipment (they may have some in the back!), relatives, neighbors, tag sales, flea markets etc..

    Since you want to project you don't want negative film you want reversal. Kodachrome is a reversal for direct projection. Easiest way to get film is directly from Kodak.
    http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/su...1.4.4.10&lc=en

    Originally posted by roygbiv:
    I already have the projector and a place to develop the film (link here) but they don't develop KODACHROME FILM. is this a big problem?
    Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kodachrome is sold with processing mailers so its not a problem. Your lab is probably good for the B&W stocks.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Daly's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is great! I'll start my hunting early tomorrow! I'll tell everyone here what I find!Thanks for the help [img]biggrin.gif[/img] !!!!!!!!!
    Oh, let me get this straight; kodachrome can be shot then directly projected. I can cut & edit the film once its been exposed? Sorry for the noob questions hehe. I'm a little excited

  5. #5
    Inactive Member eidde's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yes, once Kodak return the processed film, you can do what you like with it.
    Its a 50ft length of plastic on a reel with little pictures on it. Its called reversable film because there is no negative, you can shove it straight into your projector.
    If you get an editor you can chop it and tape it up as you wish.

    good luck

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Actor's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2000
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    </font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Camera -- eBay</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Film.- order direct from Kodak 800-621-FILM. For Kodachrome WITH PROCESSING be sure to ask for CAT No. 505 3335. There will be a mailer in the box with the film. Send film and mailer to

    KODAK Premium Processing att: MOVIE FILM
    16-31 Route 208
    Fair Lawn, NJ 07410

    Kodak also sells B&W reversal and color neg stocks. They do not process these. You have to DIY or find a lab. Here's a link to a list of labs.

    http://www.8mm.filmshooting.com/thelab/labs.php</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">TRANSFER TO DIGITAL

    http://www.moviestuff.tv/</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •